Fitness and Recreation Activities for an Adult or Family at STAR Center at Metro Parks Tacoma (Up to 57% Off)Saturday, May 26, 2012 0:00
"Get in shape" hovers near the top of many New Year's resolution lists, right next to "deal with raccoon infestation" and "figure out how raccoons get trapped in the TV." Stop watching so many TV shows starring raccoons with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for 10 adult (ages 16+) day passes to the STAR Center (a $50 value)
- $30 for 5 family day passes to the STAR Center, valid for two adults and up to four kids ages 16 and younger (a $70 value)
The 32,000-square-foot STAR Center, along with the Boys & Girls Club of South Puget Sound and Tacoma Public Schools, inhabits the 75-plus-acre SERA Campus. Among the three facilities, community members reap the benefits of expansive fitness facilities, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, gyms, and classrooms for arts, theater, cooking, and dance classes. Day passes include the following benefits:
- Access to the kinesis studio and fitness center. Before using the equipment, users ages 10–18 must undergo a 20-minute fitness orientation, available Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon or by appointment.
- Admission to drop-in fitness classes, such as yoga, Zumba, and circuit training
- Access to the open gym at the Boys & Girls Club and Gray Middle School and lap swim at Mount Tahoma High School
- For family passes only, access to the Tot Trek Gym with preschool climbing wall and the Urban Adventures playground
Groupon customers can also receive $10 off an individual or family STAR Pass.
Metro Parks Tacoma
Incorporated in 1907 to oversee the city's fledgling parks, today the Metro Parks Tacoma organization enriches the lives of residents and visitors with its array of recreational facilities that includes community centers, dog parks, pools, and athletic fields. At Fort Nisqually Living History Museum, visitors step back in time to interact with Washington's denizens of yore, hearkening back to the day when trappers fetched a pretty penny for the 1979 Seattle SuperSonics' jerseys. For nearly a century, golfers have flocked to Meadow Park Golf Course's 27 holes to shoot for par or practice their drives, and the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium touts a rich Asian forest sanctuary home to real Sumatran tigers.
The Groupon Guide to: Bonding with Your Child
Where is the closest Pizza Barge?